Title IX » How do I file a complaint of sex discrimination?

How do I file a complaint of sex discrimination?

A student, parent, guardian, employee, individual, or organization may file a written complaint alleging discrimination, harassment, intimidation, and/or bullying on the basis of a protected characteristic under the District’s Uniform Complaint Procedure by sending a complaint to:
Office of the Superintendent
Care of Kathleen Bunting
Cloverdale Unified District Office
97 School Street
Cloverdale, California 95482
Telephone: (707)894-1920
The Uniform Complaint Procedure is available in English and Spanish at: https://www.cusd.org/UniformComplaintProcedures/
If you need assistance putting your complaint in writing, please contact Bryan Barrett, Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources at the Ukiah Unified District Service Center, 511 S. Orchard Ave, Ukiah, CA 95482. You may file a complaint anonymously, but the District’s ability to investigate and respond may be limited by a lack of information.
You may also file a discrimination complaint with the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights. For more information, visit http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/complaintintro.html. The electronic complaint form for the Office for Civil Rights is available online at https://ocrcas.ed.gov/. Contact the Office for Civil Rights at:
San Francisco Office
Office for Civil Rights
U.S. Department of Education
50 United Nations Plaza
San Francisco, CA 94102
Telephone: (415) 486-5555
Fax: (415) 486-5570; TDD: (800) 877-8339
For information about how to file other types of complaints and the procedures for those complaints, please contact the District Office at (707)894-1920.

When must a complaint be filed?

A complaint alleging unlawful discrimination or retaliation must be filed no later than six months from the date the discrimination or retaliation occurred, or six months from when the complainant first learned of the unlawful discrimination. The Superintendent or designee may extend this timeline by up to ninety days for good cause, upon written request by the complainant setting forth the reasons for the extension.